Authors » Journal Authors » How to Get Published Article
How to Get Published Article
This flyer sets guidelines on how to get published research article. Standard and high quality publication is not easy, but there are certain things to consider about to improve your success rate at getting an article in a Pak Publishing Group journals.
Why have to you considered publication?
- Do you have a contribution to make? i.e. this is filling a gap; novel and innovative work. The question to ask yourself: Who’s going to be interested? How does it build on what we already know? How significant is your message? How sure are you of your findings?
- It is vital for your career.
- Publication is important for the academic’s role.
Tips before submitting
- High risk submission: conversion too long or doctorate thesis; conference paper, not focused aim and scope for the journal, not formatted for the journal guideline and it might be published some part of the paper elsewhere.
- Low risk submission: papers written according to aim & scope of the journal, refer to preceding work published in the journal and related publications.
Which journal should you submit to?
- Does your research fit the journal’s aim and scope?
- What type of submission is it? Empirical research, review paper, brief report, book review. Does the journal publish these kinds of paper?
Tips before submitting
- Reads the journal’s aims and scope
- Reads the journal’s articles that already publish in Pak Publishing Group jouranls (Click)
- Consult with colleagues
- You may wish to discuss your paper with the journal editorial team.
What should you do to prepare your manuscript?
- Read the manuscript submission guidelines. The pakinsight.com hosts instructions for authors for all our journals.
- Make every effort to improve the quality of the manuscript before submission.
Manuscript submission guidelines checklist
- Have you used the right reference style?
- Have you stayed within the word limit?
- Have you written the contribution of the study?
- Have you proofread it before submitting?
- Have you provided a cover letter?
- Have you considered including supplemental data? Will it add value to the content?
When you think it is ready and you have ticked off the above checklist, submit your article, www.pakinsight.com.
What happens next?
Depending on the journal, your article will be considered by the Editor/s and/or Associate Editors/Journal Manager and 2 reviewers, often from the Editorial Board or others. If it is submitted to an online system, you will receive an acknowledgement.
There are four possible outcomes:
Desk reject - i.e., your paper will not be sent out for review. Due to high similarity index or low quality or not according to aim and scope of the journal or inadequate literature base or weak methodology or poor analysis/contribution or poor English.
Conditional accept with major revision – depending on the level of revision, it may need to be resubmitted as a new manuscript. This may be due to several factors.
Conditional accept with minor revision – these papers generally do get accepted, provided the minor revision is obeyed to
Accept without change – this outcome is extremely rare.
How you will handle revisions
- Cover issue raised point by point.
- Highlight in different color what you have done
- Provide a point by point covering note to each referee and page number citations
- If you cannot meet all criticisms, point out why
- Be positive/constructive
- After acceptance you will be asked to pay the publication fee. If you want to publish open access, the publication fee is higher as compared to the normal fee.
How you will handle rejections
What happens once your paper has been accepted?
- Don’t over –react. The criticisms are there to enhance your paper
- Carefully read referees’ report and Editor’s letter
- Try to focus on why. III focused? Wrong journal? Fundamentally flawed? A specific problem?
- Try and re-work the paper
- Submit to an alternative journal
- But write for a journal
Once your paper is accepted for publication, it will be forwarded to the production team for processing.
- Copy-edits your paper in the journal style
- Formatted file will be sent to you for final review
- Corrects any errors you have identified
- The Author will get a PDF of their article by e-mail.